Monday, April 4, 2011

Paracord Bracelet Featuring Trilobite Weave

This paracord survival bracelet is fabricated from one continuous length of OD green paracord. The knotting I used is called the trilobite weave. This particular weave pattern results in a wider and slightly flatter bracelet than the usual Solomon bar knot(cobra) structure.  The name trilobite, meaning three lobs, comes from a very old and extinct fossil group of marine arthropods. According to information I found on this species, trilobites were among the most successful of all early animals, roaming the earth for over 270 million years, and then going extinct some 250 million years ago.

Currently, I created this particular bracelet as an experiment, just to see how I liked the looks of the weave and to get an idea of how long it would take to fabricate a paracord bracelet of this design.
Update 9/2/2011 - This bracelet is now available for purchase from my new Tied In Knotz website.

No comments:

Post a Comment